David Goliath--Fighting the good fight!

If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you're familiar with my silly and fun blogging style. That's me, that's my personality. But now it's time to get serious. It's time to tell it like it is, so brace yourself and get ready for some tough love--Dan style. 

It's easy to just complain about being overweight, make excuses about why we cant find the time to exercise. I know, I did it!  I sat dormant on the couch for a long time, bubbling over with anger.  I was unhappy but I did nothing to change it. I just kept eating and making excuses for why I was well over six hundred pounds. 


I thought it was me against the world. Poor Dan was being forced to live as a monster and I was furious with the God who had put me here. 


Screw it, I thought, and screw the world. I'm gonna sit here and rot away; be angry with everybody and everything. That was my mindset. That was how I felt while living in my man made prison. 


You all know the story. I had my mirror moment, or my moment of Zen if you will, and when the day of awakening came, I began to thank God not curse him. I quit making excuses. I realized I wanted to live.  It was time for me to take responsibility for my life, for my situation.  And when we do that, we move on and we move up. We gain the control we need to take back our life. 


I've met so many people a long this journey and one such man has not only been an inspiration to me but I also like to call him friend. His name is David Lyon's. Some time ago, David was told that his life would undergo a huge change. That one day he may very well find himself in a wheelchair.  According to these medical professionals Multiple Sclerosis would now be a very real part of David's life. 


Now most people would have just given up.  David could have gotten angry, like I did, and blamed God as well as everybody else but David didn't do that. He decided to thank God. He decided he wasn't going to sit down and give up--take the easy way out. He made a decision to fight and share his journey. 


(Man-oh-man, can I relate!) 


David refuses to let MS win. He wakes up everyday with a positive and determined attitude. He uses his faith to fight, to live and to help others. He is showing the world that we have so much inside of us; so much strength  so much power. He is a man with a strong desire to live. 


Shame on me--for taking my health for granted all those years. There is not a cure for MS but there is something that can be done about obesity  If you're fighting your weight, you must ask yourself: Don't you deserve a better life? If so, what are you going to do about it? Have you given up those unhealthy habits that are killing you (cigarettes and or that daily liter of coke)? Is it really life's fault that we stopped caring about our health? Is it God's? No!!!!!! Life is what we bring to it. We control the choices we make. God is the designer, the writer of our life but he has given us a chance to co-write the story with him. 


I was once a 600 plus pound man but I chose to live. I chose to take control of Dan. Thank you David, for inspiring me, and for showing the world that we have the power inside of us. With determination and help from the big man upstairs we can get back our life. 


Friends, get off the couch. Make a decision to be the best YOU you can be. Please don't sit and rot away, blaming everybody but yourself. Take control. Don't let petty excuses and roadblocks stop you from living. Put on your armor, polish off that faith, and find the inner strength you need. If you would like further inspiration just watch David's video (above). 


Life is wonderful. You're wonderful. Feel that and know it's true, but most importantly, make the choice.

YES YOU CAN!!!!!! 
PEACE
Dan

(David Lyon's book is available for pre order now on Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment