Rub-A-Dub-Dub

I'd like to talk about the changes we see as our weight loss becomes a reality. The little things, the everyday happenings that healthy people don't even think twice about. For instance, for years, I couldn't sit in a chair and cross my legs. I couldn't tie my own shoes. So, when the time came, and I could enjoy something as mundane as sitting in one spot without fidgeting for an entire movie, re-adjusting due to the pain, that was an exciting moment for me.  In fact, one of my most memorable moments happened several months and many pounds ago. It took place in the most private room of any household--the bathroom.
 
Now for the fellas reading this, I know, we're manly men. We don't take baths, we "SHOWER". Baths are for sissy boys and don't even get me started on bubble baths. We'll, I'm man enough to admit, I like a bubble bath. Nothing is more relaxing after a long day-- well, other maybe an ice cold glass of chocolate milk, but we've already covered that.

One evening, after a very stressful day, BJ (my wife) and I were getting on each others nerves. If you're married, you understand what I'm talking about. It happens. It's normal. Nobody dies--normally. So, I told her I was going to go take a shower. (That's married talk for, I'm getting out of here before one of us goes out back to look for a shovel.) Anyway, I was still in the four hundred pound range and still felt like a giant.

As I reached into the cabinet, for a towel, I saw a container of bubble bath. I looked at the tub and then glanced at the man in the mirror. I remember once--OK, maybe twice--enjoying a bubble bath, here or there. But it had been years since I'd had one.  The last attempt was not a pleasant one. Let's just say, that the tub and I became one in the same.  But this time,  I thought, Dan, you have lost nearly two hundred pounds. You're stressed. A bubble bath would do you wonders.  So, I decided to give it a try. After all, who was going to see me? (I know, no visuals please).

I poured in that Mr Bubble and loaded that baby up. Well, as much as I dared, as I was still four hundred pounds. I didn't want to over flow the tub. I turned on some cool Elvis tunes and took the plunge. Got in position, and it was freaking unbelievable--I FIT!!!!!!!  I was sitting in a mound of suds, relaxing my butt off. 

 I grabbed a towel, put it behind my head, cocked my legs and feet up on the sides. I was a happy fella. About a half hour or so into this, BJ knocked on the door (Minus the shovel) and yelled "Are you Ok, what are you doing in there?" I yelled back, "Go away, I'm having a rip roaring good time. I'll see ya in a hour" 

I loved it! The only thing missing was my Rubber Ducky (If you repeat that, I'll deny it). Rub A Dub, Just Relaxin' In My Tub!!!!!!!

PEACE
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment