Your Mirror Moment

When I talk to people dealing with weight loss issues, one of the first things they share is their inability to like themselves. Hating yourself is a big problem--the hardest hurdle to overcome. Sadly, I understand the crippling effect of such an emotion first hand.

See, not so long ago, I hated myself too. In fact, it's probably more accurate to state that I despised myself. I was ashamed at who and what I had become. I felt like a complete failure. I believed I let myself and everyone I cared about down.

I would avoid mirrors, but if I had to look at one, I saw only a monster.  Truth be told, I saw nothing good in anything or anybody. Yes, friends, I was bitter and angry. And it wasn't until I looked beyond that monster in the mirror, and forced myself peer into his soul, that I caught a glimpse of the old me.  Now, that guy, he was full of fun and happiness. That guy wanted to be somebody. He had dreams.  But he was stuck in there, buried under pounds and pounds of flesh, desperate to get out.

I'm telling you this because I want you to understand you aren't alone. I've been in your shoes. And I can honestly tell you, only you can change what you see and feel about that person looking back at you.  But until you can look deep inside, and find something to like about yourself, your journey will not fully mature into all it can be.

Do you want to live again? I know you do. I urge you to have that mirror moment, look beyond the image and see the real you, the beauty within yourself. I want you to tell yourself that you have value and purpose. Then I want you to--FORGIVE YOURSELF.

Set. Yourself. Free. 

Do that and everything else will follow. 

PEACE
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment