Uplifted by Facebook?

I've talked a lot about the old Dan. You know, that extra large fellow who was spending all his time in a self-made prison. Six months ago, when I talked about him, it was mostly presented in a negative light. Now, I choose a more positive message. Not that being six hundred and twenty five pounds is positive by any means, but the fact that I escaped from that prison and got myself back to life is.  

Witch brings me to this blog.

You've seen some of the posts, miserable people clambering to their platforms in order to spread their dark cloud over the town of Facebookville.  In fact today, as I was scrolling, I learned far too much about people I know as well as people I don't really know.  So and so is fighting with somebody, and somebody is pissed at another for something they said to yet another.  Or, I hate Obama. I hate republicans. I love guns. I hate guns. It's all so negative! 

When one's trying to regain one's life, it's good to try and focus on the positive side of life, like the tree's bustling with the new buds of spring or the new puppy fascinated with a dead leaf down the road. Whatever thrills you, find it. Because, when we concentrate on the ugly, we take ourselves deeper into that dark place that we're trying so hard to escape.  If you really want to improve your life--get it back to where it once was--then look around and see the beauty. It's everywhere. Look at the tree outside your window, breathe in the fresh air, enjoy your children or your happy dog or cat. God's beauty surrounds us and its there if you want to see it. 


Me: I choose to stay positive and post uplifting messages on Facebook. When I do, people seem to get something from it, and it makes me very happy to see that I may be helping them. Sure, I understand we all have those bad days and we all need to vent a little--even me--but talking about what makes you happy, what moves you and makes you feel good, will go much father then posting what  angers you. 

With that said I challenge all of you reading this blog today, to go to your Face Book page and write something good, something positive and uplifting.  There are millions of folks out there, reading over their morning coffee, looking for a word of encouragement. I do. You do. We all scroll. 

So, see ya on Face Book. Lol-LMAO-BRB. Oh, you know all that FB Lingo!!!!!!!!
   
PEACE
Dan

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Dan for this. I too get tired of seeing all the negative postings. After a while I have a tendency to only see the ugly and bad postings. So I just want to say, I plan on taking a better look around and purposely look at the good tuff and not just on Facebook but around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, I love the light that you put out there! We need more Dans out here in Facebookville :) Thank you for being you and maybe even I will learn from you. You have always been a wonderful person to me and to everyone around you! Keep inspiring me and others with your positive postings...so glad that I can call you a friend. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much. I appreciate your comments and support. Peace. Dan

    ReplyDelete