Healing

Saturday October 27th: Most people are getting ready for the annual Mummers Halloween Parade. I'm on my porch, sitting in my chair, enjoying what's known as an "Indian Summer". The sun is still peeking through a patchy sky. I can hear the birds chirping; my neighbors voices raised in conversation as they to enjoy the pleasant weather. I'm in a quite peaceful place, both mentally and physically.
 
As you know, that wasn't always true. Not long ago, I was in constant physical pain. I was exhausted, worn out from my everyday fight to live. I was defeated. And on the inside, I was a beaten man; a man without dignity.  I saw no joy. I felt nothing good--neither in fellow man nor life. The God I believed in, I questioned.  I thought he'd given up on me, that he didn't care. And the way I saw it, few people did. I was in a horrible and ugly place; a place I never want to be again, a place I don't want anybody to experience.
 
Of course, that was then and this is now. Now--I'm alive! I'm free from the horror that was once my life.  I'm free to hear the birds and appreciate the neighbors friendly banter. I enjoy the feel of the warm sun on my skin. I no longer see the ugliness, I see love and beauty. I have not been defeated, I have found joy again. What a difference the passing of time can make. I have many new and wonderful people in my life--some very special--and I love them all. I can honestly say, I love life.
 
Can losing weight take all of the credit? Of course not. But gaining control and caring about yourself can.  And because I know it can, I want to grab every human being struggling to like his or herself, and tell them they have the right to live. Tell them, life is awesome! They can be happy.
 
I know there are so many out there just like me, who believe there's no end to their emotional and physical pain. I want to help you see your value and purpose. I want you to have your own mirror moment, as I did, talk with your reflection, and above all, fight for your life.
 
There is no way for me to make that happen for you. You have to dig deep, deeper than ever before, and look further into your soul. You have to want it. You have to be ready to fight.  You have to expect roadblocks and obstacles and commit yourself to over come them.  Passion and desire must live within you as it will keep you going.
 
It's not easy. My fight continues. I'm continually stumbling into roadblocks and obstacles of my own. But we have to keep going, look where we were and then look back at how far we've come. The final goal is within our reach. 
 
And a long with the physical success, comes so much more! The positive attitudes of other's I met drives me now. I feed off of their energy. When I step out, I strive to be that good-force for someone else. I want to show kindness and love. I want to give others good energy and get some back. I no longer question the God that I once hated and cursed. I thank him everyday for giving me a second chance to live again. And to honor him, I'm committed to follow and allow him to do with me as he pleases.
 
What a amazing journey that's going to be. I never ever thought life could be this wonderful. But I'm here to tell you--it can!
 
PEACE
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment