Battling The Lazboy Recliner Days!

There are day's when I don't feel like going to the gym. Days when I wake up, grab me a cuppa-of-Joe, and melt into my big guy chair. Outside, it's cold and crisp and I think; "No, I'm taking the day off. No gym today. I'm going to sit here and watch TV--do nothing."
 Then a hour or so into it, I start to get hungry. Before I know it, I'm eating things I shouldn't. I feel bad. The guilt sets in. I realise how terrible TV is during the day, and I think, "Why didn't I just go to the gym in the first place?"

I had such a day just this past week. I woke up in one of those moods and was just not feeling it. Then I started to think about the success I have achieved over the past sixteen months. I thought about how important exercises is to my success. So, I went to the gym. And as I was peddling that stationary bike, and pushing up those sixty pound dumbbells, I began to get motivated. I felt good--no, I felt great! By the end of the workout, I was a new man.

That workout helped me feel good about me. Afterwords, when I walked into the locker room, I wanted to high five that awesome dude in the mirror. Sure, it's tough some days. I won't lie about it. But once we get the sweet popping and the muscles moving, it does something for us, not only physically but mentally. We know that we're doing something good, something that's making us healthier and better. It builds our confidence and makes us stronger.

So the next time you feel like sitting on the sidelines, content to watch the game instead of call the plays. Remember, you're the quarterback to your world (forgive the pun, it is football season! Can I get an Amen!)
Hit the gym!!!!

And that's exactly what I'm going to do now!
PEACE
Dan

1 comment: